Weekly Wire – May 21
POMED’s Weekly Wire for May 21 is now available. This week features the following top stories:
- Legislation - The House Appropriations Committee approved the Fiscal Year 2013 State and Foreign Operations Appropriations bill. Click here for POMED’s summary and analysis of the bill as it relates to U.S. engagement with the region and issues of human rights and democracy.
- Committee Hearings - The Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission heard testimony from a number of civil society experts and human rights defenders
- From Washington - Secretary Clinton addressed civil society and human rights representatives
- From the Middle East - Bahraini activist Nabeel Rajab’s detention was extended by one week
- In Case You Missed It - New America Foundation hosted an event on the Arab uprisings and civil society